Digital Currency Group, the organization behind the world’s largest cryptocurrency asset manager, has decided to enhance its Bitcoin position by authorizing the acquisition of $1 billion more worth of shares of Grayscale’s Bitcoin Trust.
- The press release dated October 20th reads that Digital Currency Group has upped its authorization from $750 million to $1 billion.
- This means the company will more than triple its current position, which, as of October 19th, 2021, stands at $388 million worth of shares of GBTC.
- The company plans to “use cash on hand” to fund the purchase and will make it on the open market, at management’s discretion, in compliance with Rule 10b-18 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- It’s worth noting, though, that the authorization doesn’t obligate DCG to make the purchase at any specific time, and it can be extended, modified, or discontinued.
- DCG is the parent company of the largest digital asset manager Grayscale Investments, which has nearly $55 billion in AUM. Somewhat expectedly, the Bitcoin Trust is responsible for the largest share with over $40 billion.
- Additionally, Grayscale is striving to convert its Bitcoin Trust into a spot Bitcoin ETF and has reportedly filed documents with the SEC to do so.
10/19/21 UPDATE: Net Assets Under Management, Holdings per Share, and Market Price per Share for our Investment Products.
Total AUM: $54.3 billion$BTC $BAT $BCH $LINK $MANA $ETH $ETC $FIL $ZEN $LTC $LPT $XLM $ZEC $UNI $AAVE $COMP $CRV $MKR $SUSHI $SNX $YFI $UMA $BNT $ADA $SOL pic.twitter.com/gpLnx7ZdtV
— Grayscale (@Grayscale) October 19, 2021
Binance Futures 50 USDT FREE Voucher: Use this link to register & get 10% off fees and 50 USDT when trading 500 USDT (limited offer).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 50% free bonus on any deposit up to 1 BTC.